Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Absurdity

I want to hack at something. Observer Woman and Grazia magazine in the UK have named American Apparel LABEL OF THE YEAR.

I loathe AA. It's not hipster, it's androgynous and simple. It's easy to wear for those who can't think independently about style and be creative. It's for those who want to follow like sheep.

And even though I like wearing leotards, AA's leotards are poorly cut.

Taken from Adbusters.org report on hipsterdom.

"But in 2008, such things have become shameless clich├ęs of a class of individuals that seek to escape their own wealth and privilege by immersing themselves in the aesthetic of the working class."

3 comments :

TheShoeGirl said...

Here here!

I think their t-shirts are comfy to sleep in but I think they are over priced and the owner of the company is a sexual predator.

Hmph.

Lady Melbourne said...

I agree entirely, great post!
LM
x

Jes Kennedy Lacasse said...

All true comments, save for their leggings being poorly cut - as a gal with "avoir du poids", their high-waisted leggings are a tummy tucking godsend.