As you may know, I'm single and quite happily too. In an effort to curb any loneliness and feeling sorry for oneself, I devised a handy list of reasons for why summer holidays are better spent sans boyfriend.
1. No need to spend an extravagant amount of hard earned cash on boyfriend. Spend on oneself instead.
2. No need to spend inordinate amounts of time with family that are not yours, a family that are even more insane than your own.
3. Summertime is a great time to flirt, everyone is generally happier and more approachable, no need to worry about the green eyed monster, you're free to do as you please!
4.You won't have to hear about his boring fishing trip with his mates, or try to wrestle the remote to turn off the cricket.
5. No cricket at all. Yippee! (Those not in Australia insert most popular sport adored by sports-mad boys).
6. It's fling time - this is the best time to have a summer romance or fling, don't worry about how long it lasts, just enjoy the passion and relaxed nature of such a relationship.
7. You can wear all your summer baby doll dresses that make you look pregnant without worrying what he will think!
8. Tuck into all the chocolates and lollies you scored and not have to share with anyone!
9. You can hit the road with mates for a beach vacation and spend the entire time drunk and/or at the beach and not worry about how he fits in or whether he wants to do something else.
10. Best of all you have plenty of time to be healthy, get fit and feel great in preparation for when that special boy comes along.
P.S. For those who have a main man, no offence intended!