Thursday, November 27, 2008

Rollerskates

When I was a kid I grew up in the country, with dirt and dust, no smooth suburban pavements or sidewalks to use. Fortunately my parents had the foresight to cover part of our driveway, which delighted my brother and I and resulted in many years of hockey and basketball on our rough but better than dirt, bitumen surface.

It wasn't until we were a bit older we realised that we needed more room if we were ever to be as good as the Mighty Ducks (see the movie if you have no idea). Being older and wiser I see now that ice hockey is for tough bitches, not for ladies like me. So in essence, I can pare down my love of roller sports to just this: I've always loved rollerskate chic.



Alice Dellal for Preen.

1 comment :

TheShoeGirl said...

Ooh I love this! I wanna make little rollerskate chaps! haha