Friday, April 4, 2008

Art and Shoes Part 2

I love writing about the combination of art and shoes. It's a topic that isn't stimulated much by the Australian footwear industry as shoes are much more practical and generally inspired by international fashion. Of course I love all of the Australian independent brands that are working hard in Australia, but when we look at the proliferation of international shoe designers, Australia is really falling behind. I've talked about this before, so I'll get onto the good bit!

Chrissie Morris is an accomplished designer taking shoe design to the next level. A balance between practicality and design, a greatness in form and use of colour. I see some parallels with Prada, especially in the nude leather pump.


For more about Chrissie Morris, have a read of this article.

2 comments :

teago said...

Oh wow, love all 3 pairs!

Imelda Matt said...

don't we all have a little bit of Prada in us???? I'm love'n them and really we're do start about the last of creativity in the Australian shoe industry?!?!?!

There's an idea we should work on a cross-blog post.