Thursday, May 24, 2007

Splurge v's Save!

Today I visited one of my favourite little Asian shops in a shopping centre. They usually have a million and one pairs of cute cheap shoes for less than $30 a pop! Always a trustworthy place to stock up. But today, while trying on said pairs of cute heels and flats, I came to a new realisation! I don't want to buy cheap shoes anymore! The reason I stock up so regularly is because the shoes are such poor quality and last maybe 20 wears before they start to look shabby. This realisation made me sad though, because I find it very difficult to find shoes I like. And I like buying lots of pairs instead of just one pair every now and again.

What do you think? Do you splurge or save on items and how important is quality to you?

3 comments :

H said...

I like to buy cheap shoes for a trend hit and for summer flats that I know I'll wear to death and then sling with the onset of winter.
I don't mind paying more for classic stuff like boots. Also vintage shoes are a great way to get high quality shoes for a cheap price if you're lucky!
I love your blog - Would you be interested in a link exchange?

The Stiletto Effect said...

I prefer cheap to expensive clothes, and also prefer to buy 5 trendy tops for less money than 1 for much more money.
Specially because fashion is always in transformation.
But I also have expensive clothes and accessories (very special ones that I love).
Though,cheap shoes have one huge problem, they make our feet hurt, so better buy quality ones.
x0x0
Su

Yoffi said...

I have to say that I'mn a splurge girl. But then I really don't buy a new pair every week.

**What a lieing cow I am**

Yes I do, Ok you got me, but I swear that I try not to!