Tuesday, May 8, 2007

The Bow Obsession

My boyfriend thinks I'm a bit 'bow crazy' but I can't help it. Everytime I try to buy something, it has a damn bow on it. Now I do love bows, I always have, but the current trend is really getting on my nerves!

For example, a list of the latest things I have purchased includes
  • Two smock style knee length dresses - both with bows at the bust
  • Two pairs of shoes, one ballet flat (understandable) but the other pointy flats
  • A long top with puffy sleeves and a printed bow on the front
  • A loose bowtie
  • Diamante bow studs
So it seems that maybe I am a little bit obsessed, but so is the fashion world and it's just a bit of overkill I think.



I'd like to see some new styles of shoes. Don't get me wrong, I love a bit of bow obsession, but not on everyone.

1 comment :

Katya said...

I was just thinking about how much I hate the pointless, no-effort bow the other day. For instance, i despise the little spaghetti-thin lopsided bow on most ballet flats. Why is it there? I hate them. That Mollini bow is a proper part of the design and looks lovely, it softens the bright shiny glitter and gives the design balance.